Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gold watch

Gold is a good play at the moment, taking into consideration the uncertainly in Financials and overvalued Consumer Staples and various other safe havens in times like this.

Commodities have been rallying with more certainty since the EURO crossed the 1.44 mark.

Traders were also keeping an eye on Crude Oil getting above the 102-104 mark to go long.

I got out of my GLD position because in order maximize profits I need to use more capital due to the high volatility. So I chose to wait....patience is the game. Newton's law - what goes up must come down.



If the EURO stays strong, GLD will likely hit 93. That is an excellent position to get some shorts. On the contrary, if investors feel safer to put their money in equity markets due to certain policies undertaken by the government. I expect the rise of GLD to be slower.

blog comments powered by Disqus